We're dedicated to providing a safe and fun environment in which children can learn the basics of faith while building a strong foundation for the future.
Each summer we have a week-long Vacation Bible School. We schedule VBS from 9:00am until 12 noon, Monday through Friday. Each day is filled with fun Bible learning, crafts, and music.
Register your children for Vacation Bible School.
Sunday School at 9:45 am
- Preschool classes meet in the Main Building and are graded by age.
- Children's classes (Kindergarten through 6th grade) meet on the first floor of the Discipleship Building.
During the Worship Services
- Extended care for preschoolers 4 and younger in the classrooms in the Main Building.
- Children in Kindergarten and older attend services with their parents. Children's Worship bags are provided.
Your children's welfare is of utmost importance to us. We will take every step necessary to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all children. To this end, we have completed a background check on anyone who works with minors in our ministries. To complete a background check application please click here.
How you can help us
- Bring a diaper bag or other suitable bag and bottle (if appropriate). Bring any comfort items (blanket or favorite toy). Include a change of clothes -- just in case.
- Sign in your child and fill out the appropriate information.
- Receive a security pass and keep it with you while on campus. The security pass will enable our caretakers to identify you when you return for your child.
- Please do not bring your child if he or she has had any of the following symptoms within the past 24 hours: fever, diarrhea, vomiting, open sores, green or yellow runny nose, or a questionable rash.
Parent and Child Dedication represents a commitment time between families and the church to raise Christ-centered, others-oriented children. The dedication offers families an opportunity to cooperate with the body of believers to build strong families and to raise godly children. This has led us to call it "Parent and Child Dedication" rather than just baby dedication.
Dedication is a celebration that recognizes your child as a gift from God and makes public the church's commitment to your family and your family's commitment to the church. It is not a ceremony that brings salvation to your child or a substitute for believer's baptism.
We generally have Parent-Child Dedication service on Mother's Day each year, but we can arrange to have a service on other Sundays as well.
Register for Parent-Child Dedication.
AWANA's name comes from 2 Timothy 1:5 which says, "Approved workmen are not ashamed."
- AWANA meets on Wednesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm during the school year.
- Sparks (Kindergarten through 2nd grade)
- T & T -- Truth & Training (3rd through 6th grades)
Kids inherently love to sing and dance. Music comes naturally to them. Music classes are a great way to nurture their creativity, social interaction and expressiveness. And they have a great time! The most important thing music does is help them worship God. That's what they learn in Preschool and Children's choirs. They meet at 6:00pm on Sundays during the school year and do a musical program in May every year.
Join us on Sunday night, May 21, at 6:00pm, for the delightful musical, "Go Go Jonah," presented by the children's choir of Mandeville's First Baptist Church. Admission is Free.
Mandeville's First Baptist Church operates a weekday preschool ministry on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Our purpose is to honor God by providing quality care and facilitating growth in the lives of young children in a loving and safe environment where they can develop spiritually as they grow emotionally, physically, cognitively, and socially. We offer learning experiences based on the authority of the Bible and consistent with the Christian principles of Mandeville's First Baptist Church.
We have classes of one-year-olds through Pre-K four-year-olds. One-year-old classes offer you a choice of meeting two or three days per week, while two-, three-, four -year-old classes meet three days per week. All classes are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00am - 1:00pm. The school year begins in August ends in May, and follows the St. Tammany Parish Public School Calendar for all holidays and early dismissals. You may complete this form to receive more information about our weekday preschool.
The MFBC Preschool is a very structured, academic, Bible based learning program using ABEKA curriculum. To supplement the curriculum, the children experience Bible stories, memory verses, various social studies and science themes, science experiments, music, computer, and art activities. Throughout the year we have visits from special guests including the Aqua Van from the Aquarium of the Americas, the Zoo Mobile and Bug Mobile from the Audubon Zoo, as well as the Fire Department, Bippo the Hippo, and other professionals from the community.
We would love to share additional information with you about the program. Please contact the Preschool office at (985) 674-2065, or you may choose to complete the form and someone will contact you soon.